Judicial Branch Statistics
Towns within Judicial Districts and Geographical Areas PDF
Towns & Cities Covered by Juvenile Court Locations PDF
Media Resource Center
Interpreter Services Glossary
- Requests for Interpreter
This table provides the number of files and requests for interpreter services, broken down by language for
the calendar years below.
2011 | 2010
- All Languages
This report is broken down by language, Judicial District and month.
2010 - PDF
Reports for Spanish Language
This report is broken down by Judicial District and month.
- Comparison Totals for All Languages
These tables (based on calendar year)
provide a statewide statistical report for all languages, broken
down by language and judicial district. These numbers apply to
requests for interpreter services only.
2006 through 2010
Note on Table Creation: The information in the tables
comes from databases that are always being updated. As a result, the tables
only show the information that was in the databases on the day they were
created. Information in the databases can change because cases that were
disposed at the time the table was created were later reopened, or because
of the late entry of data. Because of this, all of the tables are created on
the 5th business day after the close of the fiscal year.
- Added case: A case that is entered into one of the Judicial Branch’s automated systems.
- Claimed case: A case in which a party or the party’s attorney (in a civil or family case) enters a claim that a case be placed onto a trial list.
- Disposed case: A case in which a decision has been made.
- Fiscal year: July 1st through June 30th.
- Pending case: A case in which a decision has not been made.
- Interpreter services: The services provided by the Judicial
Branch to all parties with identified limited English
proficiency (i.e. defendants, victims, witnesses,
juveniles and family members) during court proceedings
and associated interviews and evaluations. Interpreting
involves the spoken word. It is not to be confused with
translation services, which involve the written word.
Judicial District: Abbreviations in Chart No. 2 are as follows:
AM -- Ansonia-Milford
DB -- Danbury
FR -- Fairfield
HF -- Hartford
LT -- Litchfield
MD -- Middletown
NB -- New Britain
NH -- New Haven
NL -- New London
SN -- Stamford-Norwalk
TL -- Tolland
WT -- Waterbury
WD -- Windham