Judicial Branch Volunteers have been assisting the State of Connecticut Judicial Branch
since 1970 and continue to support the branch by assisting with
The Connecticut Supreme Court is a unique historical
treasure located in the state’s capital.
The External Affairs Division of the Judicial Branch provides tours of the Supreme Court
courtroom from Monday through Friday during regular business hours.
The Volunteer Program is seeking individuals who have an interest in
Connecticut history, architecture, art, law and working with groups to
provide tours to classes, individuals and civic organizations.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Successfully complete the application, clearance and selection process
- Be available to work a minimum of five hours per day twice per week
- Have an interest in the court system
- Must disclose any pending matter before the Court to the Volunteer/Intern Coordinator
- Possess strong communication skills
- Have ability to work with diverse populations
Applicants complete the Volunteer Application Form and include a cover
letter and resume and return it (via mail or fax) to:
Volunteer/Intern Staff Office
99 East River Drive
Two Riverview Square
Hartford, CT 06108
Telephone: (860) 282-6585
Fax: (860) 282-6585
- Upon receipt, the Coordinators review the application for completeness and eligibility. The Coordinator schedules a time to meet with the candidate to discuss
interest in providing tours and to determine availability.
- The Coordinator schedules an interview with the placement site supervisor and the candidate
- Upon acceptance by the placement sire supervisor and the V/I Coordinator, a mandatory background check will be conducted prior to the start date.
- Volunteer placement established!