To determine if you are eligible for the Online Ticket Review program, enter your complete ticket number here.Going to Court
Effect on Driver’s License and Insurance
How and When to Respond to a Traffic Ticket
1. How can I respond to a ticket?Plead No Contest and Pay:
Your ticket will be reported to the Connecticut Commissioner of Motor Vehicles. If you are an out-of-state driver, your home state will be notified of the case disposition by the Commissioner of Motor Vehicles.
Online Ticket Review Program:
Plead Not Guilty:
2. How long do I have to respond to my ticket?
3. What will happen if I don’t respond by the deadline?
5. How do I pay for my complaint ticket?There are two ways to pay your ticket:
7. What is the Online Ticket Review Program?
8. How do I participate in the Online Ticket Review Program?
9. What actions may a prosecutor take after reviewing my case?
10. How do I accept an offer?
11. What if I don't like the offer?
12. What if I forget to respond or forget to pay?
To determine if you are eligible for the Online Ticket Review program, enter your complete ticket number here.
13. What happens when I plead not guilty?
14. How do I plead Not Guilty?
There are three ways to plead Not Guilty:
15. Will I have to go to court?
16. What should I do when I get to court?
17. What happens if I am found guilty in court?
Effect on driver’s license and insurance
18. Will my ticket be reported to the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles?
19. Will I get "points" on my driver's license?
20. Will my insurance company find out about my ticket and raise my insurance premium/rates?
21. Will my license be suspended? How do I get my license reinstated?
22. Will conviction on a ticket affect my Commercial Driver's License?
23. What if I live out of state?
24. I lost my ticket. What should I do?Call the Centralized Infractions Bureau (CIB) at 860-263-2750 Monday-Friday, between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. or e-mail at: Centralized.InfractionsBureau@jud.ct.gov. You need to provide your name and date of birth.
25. What are the definitions or "infraction" and "violation"?
26. Who can I contact for more information?